In this article, we are going to discuss how to write a proud parent note to your child. The purpose of this note is so to create and capture raw emotion during a family portrait session. This is just one way to get authentic expressions and beautiful photos.
Writing notes or letters might seem a bit old-fashioned —and writer's block is real, trust us—but putting your feelings into words and down on paper is an awesome way to set intentions for your relationship and your family photos! Here are some tips and tricks to get you through it.
What it is a proud parent note
- A proud parent note is a short letter mom or dad writes to their kids.
- This letter is intended to be read aloud during the portrait session.
- It serves 2 purposes. 1) it gets the family in the right mindset for photos. 2) it creates real emotion during the session.
- Think of it as a little note you would leave in your child’s lunch box or a few words you would write down on a birthday card for your son or daughter.
6 Tips on How to Write a proud parent note
- Keep it short and sweet. Remember you want to keep your child's attention.
- Begin with a memory from when your daughter was a baby.
- Write 2 or 3 positive characteristics you love about them.
- End with what you most look forward to for their future.
- Avoid cliches or anything embarrassing.
- Be sure to write this on a clean sheet of paper. Or better yet, write in a card so they can keep it.
- Get the family in the right mindset for the photoshoot
- Share an intimate moment with each other
- Capture authentic emotions
- Create beautiful portraits
How a proud parent note can be used during a family photo session
- At the beginning of the session, mom and dad can read note to the child.
- Should be read aloud, facing each other.
- During this time the photographer will document this moment and the reactions to the note.
- Helps to create real emotion.
Families love this idea. Not only does writing a proud parent note create memories it offers a unique experience for the entire family. These notes become keepsakes and are cherished for years to come.