Orange County Family Photographer
Specialized in capturing YOUR PERSONALITY, LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS
Hi, I'm Christopher Todd An Orange County Family Photographer
As an Orange County family photographer, I'm often asked how I got started?
I won't bore you with too many details, but I will say that I consider myself to be the luckiest guy in the world and I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to merge my passion and career.
A couple of quick things about me personally. I was born and raised in Orange County. I currently live with my family near Huntington Beach where I love to surf or be in the ocean with my boys.
My passions include art, traveling, and of course photography.
To learn more about me go to my about page for the full story of Christopher Todd Studios.
Look Behind The Scenes At A Family Portrait
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
"Chris’ work is timeless; the photographs are beautiful, perfectly capture the moment, and are organic and unobtrusive. What gets us coming back to Christopher Todd Studios, besides the beautiful end product, is his professionalism and laid back approach. I cannot recommend Chris enough and look forward to our next session."
"If I could hug you I would!!!!!!!!!! These are absolute perfection!!!!!! Can’t even tell you how grateful I am for these! You are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thx Lisa."
"We loved using Christopher! He was flexible and worked with us on a custom package. When we met at the park he was super easy to work with, and helped us to make sure each picture was perfect. The photos were great!, He not only captured all our smiles but got our personalities in the photos."
FAMILY PORTRAIT LOCATIONS
Orange County has some of the best beaches in California. Many families love to have their portrait session at the beach.
Parks are a great option for family portraits in Orange County. Natural settings add an organic feeling to photos, and allow space to explore.
Studio portraits have a unique feel of their own, and gives us the ability to controll almost every detail of your session.
Our 3 Step Process Makes Planning Easy!
Begin with the end in mind. Deciding on what you do with your prints will help determine what you wear and the location choice. My job is not only to take your photos but to help you plan from start to finish. I want every family to have beautiful prints in their home.
#1. PLANNING CALL
- We go over all the details to make your session special.
- Planning location, color schemes, style, and coordinating photos with your home decor.
- We provide a style guide to help you with wardrobe decisions.
- Hair & Makeup services are available by request.
- We schedule your photo session and ordering meeting.
#2. PHOTO SESSION
- Custom designed to capture your family's personality & close relationships.
- We make it happen for you. Can be on location or in a studio.
- Come ready and relaxed to create some photographs that will make you smile for years to come.
- Be ready for a fun experience!
#3. ORDERING MEETING
- 1-2 weeks after your session we’ll present your photos on our Ordering Meeting Via Zoom.
- Prepare to be blown away.
- Meetings typically last 45-60 min.
- We guide you in creating art for your home.
- Decision-makers need to be present.
Some of our most frequently asked questions from our families.
PRICES FOR FAMILY PORTRAITS
Most families spend between $800-$2500. We have a minimum order of $500.
The session fees below represent a starting point for the time and talent it takes to create the images that you’ll love
Your session fee is for our:
- Talent, skill & experience.
- Planning your session.
- Travel & photography.
- Retouching work.
- The best equipment & computers.
All family collections include:
- A print for your wall.
- An heirloom album.
- Digital files are included in our top package and can be added to any package, at additional cost.
Our Products include:
- Handcrafted albums.
- Beautiful print display boxes.
- Prints for your walls available in:
- Metal or Acrylic
WALL ART PRINTS
Our most popular print products:
- Canvas & Wall Prints
- Framed Prints
- Wall Print Clusters
The ultimate way to tell a wedding story:
- Made in Italy
- Customed designed albums
- Matching Box
- Pick any color
GIFTS & OTHER
Our most popular extra products:
- Italian Folio Boxes
- Holiday Cards
- Graduation Announcements
- Birth Announcements
ORANGE COUNTY FAMILY PORTRAIT LOCATIONS
Choosing a location for your session can be overwhelming. I can help you pick just the right spot for your family photos. We love taking families to open nature reserves, local beaches, parks, and even right in your own home.
Some locations have parking restrictions or require a permit such as Laguna City beaches, The Anti Mall in Costa Mesa, or Segerstrom Hall.
When you hire Christopher Todd Studios you get more than just a portrait session. We help you with all the logistics from where to go to what to wear, and even how to pose.
Orange County has many great beaches and state parks. Central Park in Huntington Beach is one of my favorite spots.
Upscale or architectural backdrops in the OC are perfect for unique portraits.
Sessions can also be in a studio. This is a great way to get professional photos that are perfectly refined and stand the test of time.
FAMILY PORTRAIT PLANNING RESOURCES
Many people I photograph tell me “I look terrible in photos, or I’m not photogenic”. At least half of the families I photograph say this. They are always surprised by …
We broke down the most common question we get from Moms into 8 simple wardrobe ideas that work for family portraits. When Mom asks “what should we wear?” I might …
Join our Facebook GROUP FAMILY DAY ADVENTURES OC for local family fun ideas! We hope you find our 5 tricks to get your kids to cooperate for your family portraits …
WHY SHOULD I GET MY FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHED?
As a father, I know all too well how quickly time goes by. Kids grow up so fast. I want to help you preserve those precious faces in your life. My goal is to make you and your family look and feel great. I photograph families and children in an Orange County studio or at a location of your choice.
In Orange County, we have the world at our fingertips. Beaches, mountains, natural parks, and funky eclectic locations to create beautiful portraits all within a short distance of each other.
Portraiture is my favorite type of photography because of the happiness it brings to my clients. Whether you prefer a traditional style or like a more candid look. I can help you plan an amazing session.
It is important to consider your goal from the session, such as a giant canvas over your mantle, or some prints for a hallway. Defining what you want from the beginning allows me to meet your expectations. Together we will create a plan for your portrait session that fits your needs.
What you can expect from Christopher Todd
- Lots of fun
- Maybe some bad jokes to make you smile
- You will hear me saying “Say Yes” a lot
- A calm and easygoing attitude
- Always a positive vibe
- Family Portraits typically take 45-60 minutes
- Since we already discussed the details at the planning meeting a couple of weeks before your shoot all you need to do is show up relax and enjoy!
What to expect from your family photo session
- Expect to have a relaxed guided photo session.
- We will be there with advice on the right style of clothing.
- We coach and help guide you in the best poses that will make you and your family look and feel fantastic.
- Provide support throughout the process of picking images and products for your home.
- We make it practically effortless for you to decide on the end product.
STYLES OF FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY
Candid Style Portraits
Candid session (unposed) also referred to as a lifestyle session. Think of real moments. We focus on capturing personality, connections, and relationships. We have lots of suggestions for activities that will photograph well.
I capture moments of the family interacting with each other, laughing smiling, playing, walking, holding hands, catching bubbles, chasing butterflies, etc. Each session is unique and we take what is in the environment and incorporate that into the session.
Traditional Style Portraits
The traditional family portrait style starts with everyone in the photo looking at the camera.
The setting can be indoor or outside, and the lighting is generally flattering. Most families want a blend of traditional and candid photos at a family portrait session.