Online Dating Portraits
Over the last few decades, online dating has overcome most stigmas and is now considered a normal way to meet someone and have a romantic relationship. When one decides to date online it begs the question what photos will I use to get noticed? Online dating portraits are your figurative fisherman's hook in the water. Get pro tips and techniques to ensure your profile doesn't get passed over. You have 2-3 seconds to attract online viewers to your profile. Grab their attention with a knock out portrait.
fun statistics about online dating
- Match.com is responsible for making the most romantic connections. Not only is Match.com the most popular site it is considered the most established with 23.5 million users since 1995.
- eHarmony is responsible for 4% of U.S. marriages.
- Zoosk has more than 3 million messages exchanged daily on their dating site.
- 49 million people have tried online dating at least once.
- Online dating users ratio by gender is 52.4% Male vs. 47.6% Female
Tips From A Professional Photographer
- Be Authentic.
- Show your eyes. Wearing sunglasses will make it feel like you are keeping something hidden.
- Include a full-length photo of yourself.
- Dress according to your environment. Avoid wearing a suit on the beach.
- Smiles get more profile reads.
- Make sure your photo is of just you. No group photos.
- Use a recent photo. No one likes surprises.
Does and Dont's For Your Online Profile Photos
Don't take a selfie and use filters on your photos like Snapchat.
Do hire a professional photographer for your portrait.
Don't use an old photo where you look younger or 10 pounds lighter.
IF you wear prescription glasses do keep them on in your photo.
Don't wear a hat if you are bald.
Do be honest with the way you look.
How To Get Your Profile To Stand Out
Hire a professional photographer to take your portrait. Selfies are not a good idea. They are unflattering and say to the viewer you don't have the time to put effort into dating. An important factor is to have an authentic feel to your photos. This is achieved by getting your personality to show in photos. A genuine laugh, or look helps get a great portrait.
About Christopher Todd Studios Online Dating Portrait Session
The number one comment I hear from clients is I don't look good in photos. I hate having my picture taken. Can you make me look skinnier? My advice for online dating photos is to simply relax and have fun with it. I will help you pose and direct you throughout the process. I offer style guides so you look your best. After your session, I will go over the images with you and help you choose the best ones for your profile photo.
What you need to know
The price: for an online dating session is $450. Pay half at the time of booking. The second half is paid after the session before images are delivered to you.
Location: can be environmental or in my studio. This can be discussed during the consultation.
The Outfits: 3 different looks. Bring your favorite outfits. Choose up to 3 for your session.
Photos: Turn around time for your photos is 2-5 business days.
Select 5 images in an online gallery exclusive for you
Get in touch today!