Christopher Todd Studios is OC's top elopement photographer. With over 18 years of experience, we love and value every type of wedding ceremony. Elopements are just as sacred as a large traditional ceremony. Therefore, we feel it is important to capture all the beautiful moments of couples who chose to elope.
How to plan an elopement
- Choose a location Do you want to have a destination elopement? At a favorite park or beach? Or at a Courthouse?
- Pick an elopement date
- Decide on the type of ceremony Civil ceremony or wedding officiant
- Hire vendors Photographer, videographer, flowers, hair and makeup artist, officiant
- Purchase your wedding rings
- Honeymoon Don't forget to celebrate and take some time away as newlyweds
Why hire a wedding photographer for your elopement ceremony?
- To document your elopement
- To have beautiful photos of your ceremony
- To share your elopement with family and friends
- Professional photos will outlast your iPhone pictures
- Being able to announce your elopement to the world with a stunning portrait
Best Orange County Elopement Locations
- Old Orange County Courthouse
- Laguna Beach
- Heisler Park
- Montage Resort
- Dana Point
Read more about elopement locations
Top 5 reasons Couples Elope
- Avoid all the stress that comes with planning a wedding
- Want your day to be all about the two of you
- Save tons of money
- Looking for an adventure
- Only want your closest friends and family there
5 Simple Steps For Getting Married At The Old Orange County Courthouse
UPDATE as of June 12, 2020
The Old Orange County Courthouse is currently under construction. This means we can only take photos in front of the courthouse.
Due to Covid-19, only one person can go in with the couple.
Face coverings are strictly enforced. You cannot enter the building without a mask.
All marriage licenses and ceremonies are by appointment only. No walk-ins accepted at this time.
Photos can still be taken inside but they are limited to the foyer and staircase. The second floor is closed off.
- Choose Your Date Your first step is to decide on the date you want to elope. The courthouse is open Monday-Friday from 8 am -4 pm Walk-in reservations are currently unavailable. Complete Your Application and Make an Appointment online.
- Bring Valid I.D. Be sure to bring a valid form of government-issued photo I.D. A current driver’s license or a passport. Your I.D. must be shown to the Orange County Clerk-Recorder’s office to apply for your marriage license. Both individuals have to show their I.D.
- Witness You must bring a witness to sign the marriage license and be present at the ceremony. This can be any person you choose.
- Fees Marriage license fee is $61 for a public marriage license or $66 for a confidential marriage license. The ceremony fee This fee is $28. Acceptable forms of payment: Cash, personal check, cashiers check, and most major credit cards. Be sure to always check the website for up to date fees.
- Civil Ceremony All marriage ceremonies will be performed at the service desk/counter. Ceremony rooms are not available at this time. A civil non-sectarian ceremony will be performed by a Deputy Commissioner of Marriage. Civil ceremonies are available by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be accommodated.
Read more here