Orange County Engagement Locations
Christopher Todd Studios is your Orange County engagement locations specialist. We will not only take amazing photos of you and your fiance, but we will help you plan and choose a great location for your engagement session.
How to choose the perfect orange county engagement location
- Style What's your style? Are you more laid back and looking for a beachy vibe? Or do you prefer a sophisticated downtown urban feel? We recommend whichever style you prefer to dress in similar attire. Even if your style is more casual you can still dress it up a bit for the photos.
- First Date Couples often choose a location based on a meaningful location like where they had their first date or where they first met.
- Hobbies Do you or your fiance have a special hobby? Surfing? Rock Climbing? Hiking? Love going to a museum? Think about something in your lives that is special to the two of you.
- Studio Having professional photos taken in our studio is a perfect way to focus on the two of you without any distractions or busy backgrounds. We love this option for couples.
Top 5 Orange County engagement locations
- Laguna Beach Best time of year August -November. The sunsets are stunning, less chance to encounter a marine layer during these months. A permit is required. $100 for two hours. We will help you arrange this. The scenery is some of the most beautiful you will find in Orange County. Laguna Beach has spectacular beaches with beautiful bluffs. Take a stroll through downtown for a more urban look.
- The Camp Located in Costa Mesa just off the 55 freeway and the 405. This is one of our favorite Orange County engagement locations for portraits. The urban rustic vibe is perfect for that couple looking for something different. We can even walk over to The Lab across the way for some more eclectic photos. You will find bright colors, unique backgrounds, and so much more here. Parking is free. We recommend a Sunday morning. The light is beautiful and it's not too busy. This location is perfect all year round.
- Huntington Beach Central Park Might just be the best scenic park in Orange County. This natural setting is abundant with tall trees, lake views, beautiful pathways that lead to gardens, hiking trails, and so much more. A true oasis in the middle of town. Parking is free. No permit required. Best time for engagement photos is before sunset when the light is golden. This park is large enough that you don't have to worry about it being too busy.
- Huntington Beach Pier This iconic pier screams Southern California laid back surfer vibe. Add in a beautiful sunset and you get some of the most romantic photos around Orange County. We recommend getting a fire pit and adding a couple of props, like champagne and hip Mexican blanket for some fun intimate portraits.
- Fullerton Arboretum Located on the campus of Cal State University Fullerton. This botanical garden is a 26-acre oasis with an extensive botanical garden including plants from around the world. There is a heritage house on the property from the 1890s. A permit is required. The cost is $100 and it is good for 1.5 hours. We will help you arrange this. This natural setting is romantic and beautiful for engagement photos. This engagement location can also be added to nearby downtown Fullerton for some fun and sophisticated urban photos. The Fullerton Arboretum is a great location any time of year.
Best time of year for Orange County engagement session
The best time of year for your engagement session depends on what location you choose. We recommend having your professional photo session done closer to your time of engagement than the wedding date. So keep these few facts in mind when deciding on the time of year for your photos.
- May- July is a good time for your session at a park, arboretum, or downtown location. But beware of May grey and June gloom. The marine layer is thick during this time close to the coast and nearby coastal cities.
- August - December is the perfect time of year to catch great sunsets at the beach.
- January -April can be a bit more chilly but you can also get amazing sunsets and good weather during this time.