Downtown Los Angeles Engagement Photography
Photographers like myself know the importance of an engagement session. Downtown Los Angeles is one of our favorite locations for engagement photography. Below you will find tips and locations to make your e-session fun and relaxing.
5 Tips for Romantic Engagement Photos
- Know the best locations. If you don’t know where to go ask your photographer. I love taking couples to Walt Disney Concert Hall. It doesn’t matter what time of day we always get beautiful light. From there you can head over to the Department of Water and Power. Many photo ops. Downtown Los Angeles has many options for couples, some not so obvious so be sure to ask an experienced photographer.
- Plan your outfits in advance. We offer style guides that will make you look like a fashionista. Take into consideration the season and time of day. Don’t be afraid to have multiple outfits for variety. Choose to wear clothes that represent who you are and what you are comfortable in. Help your fiance choose his/her outfit if they are not sure what to wear. Make it a date and go shopping together.
- Props can be a fun way to make your engagement pics romantic. Bring a picnic blanket, or a bottle of champagne, maybe a couple of glasses to have some. If you need more ideas check out our blog post about 5 ways to spice up your engagement session.
- Have a plan, together we can talk about what your vision is for your photos. We can map out the best places to get romantic shots and know where and when those outfit changes should take place.
- Have your hair and makeup done professionally. If possible use your vendor that will be doing your hair and makeup on the day of your wedding. This is a great opportunity to look your best and get your trial run in.
These sessions are a great way for us to get to know you as a couple. We love having fun, so relax and just be yourselves. Don’t worry about how you will look in the photos. We promise to make you look fabulous.
If you need any help please don’t hesitate to contact us!